Far East Film Festival Campus 2017
call for entry
aspiring candidates have until 3rd March to formally apply for selection
The Far East Film Festival, which will be held in Udine, Italy from 21st to 29th April 2017, will for the third time host a campus for young journalists that will combine education and on-site experience with cultural exchanges between writers from Asia and Europe.
FEFF is now ready for its 19th edition and after the previous successes of the Campus project, the Festival has decided to once again present this unique invitation to another 10 aspiring journalists under the age of 26 – and to welcome them as part of the FEFF family.
Successful candidates will experience the festival first-hand while following a rich and varied training programme that will include seminars, interviews and workshops that focus on both the art of film and the art of writing. They will receive guidance from a host of experienced film industry and media professionals, led by film industry veteran Mathew Scott, while contributing to a festival newsletter and embracing all aspects of both FEFF as well as the cultural and historic life of Udine and the Friuli Venezia Giulia region.
Five candidates will be selected from Europe and five from Asia. All young European and Asian journalists who have a passion for cinema and want to experience an important film festival up close (and personal!) can apply for the selection, which will close 3rd March 2017, by:
- Clicking on the following link: https://vp.eventival.eu/fareastff/2017
- Registering by creating a new account
- Accessing the CAMPUS section on the same page
- Uploading your CV
- Explaining why you would like to join the FEFF Campus (max 1200 characters)
Requirements for candidates are as follows:
- Candidates must be between 18 and 26 years of age and have an excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- They must have citizenship or residency in a European or Asian country
- Successful candidates must ensure they have a laptop to bring with them, and should also have experience with and know how to use video cameras.
- Candidates must love Asian cinema!
All travel and accommodation expenses will be paid by the FEFF community. The candidates will be required to arrive in Udine on Wednesday 19th April and leave on Monday 1st May 2017.
FEFF Campus 2017 has the privilege to be supported by important European and Asian associations and organizations such as Europa Cinemas, the Hong Kong Foreign Correspondents’ Club, the Udine Chamber of Commerce, Asia Times and the Danieli Academy (‘100 Reporter’ project).
Tom Kelland – Festival/Campus Project Manager
Marco Villotta – Festival/Campus Senior Manager
19th Udine Far East Film Festival, 21st – 29th April, 2017
Tel. +39 0432 299545
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com